Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cody Is 11 And Freaking Amazing

I wish my kids would stop growing up already! Everytime I turn my head my kids go from being new borns, to toddlers to little boys to pre teens. Gah. I need things to slow down a little.

My sweet Cody. I'm always afraid I over look him. He's such an easy child, mostly so complient, gets good/great grades, is responsible and funny and I can count on him to watch Aidan any time and do a great job of it. I'm always afraid that while dealing with the younger ones or the ones who need a little more attention that I may over look how fantastic he really is. I don't but I'm afraid he may FEEl over looked being one of our middle kids. I hope we work hard to show him how special he is, how much easier he can really make my day and what a funny, charismatic child he is. He used to be so gangley, always tripping over himself, my little "bull in a china shop" and now he's this young man, capable of careing for his little brothers and being an example to others, watching out for Mom and bonding with his Step Father over funny music and dance moves, a terrible flirt and uber confident.
Have I mentioned how understanding he is for his age?? We kinda forgot his birthday.....OK we didn't FORGET IT!!!! We ....mixed up which day of the month we were on. No, seriously! I filled out my planner by hand, and I had MONDAY the 10th filled in when SUNDAY was the 10th. We kinda felt sheepish when Cody's Dad called to skype and asked what he'd done for his birthday all day and Cody said, "Uh Dad, my Birthday is tomorrow" and Jon said "No, I'm pretty sure it's the 10th all over the world" DOI!!!!! OMG talk about feeling AWEFUL! I mean...wow, lower than low. Esp since we were at Kristy and Adams house watching my neice and nephews until the next morning and hadn't brought his gifts with us since we would be celebrating the next day, and had no cake.....WOW. EPIC PARENTING FAIL! Ya....so here's what we did for his birthday...a day late..lol We planned to make a wicked cake with fondont and monsters/zombies on it but he opted for just picking out his own cake mix at the store and having a boxed cake. We skyped Nana and got to have her sing happy birthday with us. He got two large posters he's been begging for, and a movie he wanted, we ordered him a cool jacket online but it's STILL not here yet...lol and he got lots of cash and gift cards which he bought xbox games and treats with. At least he understood that we already HAD his bday prepared it just had a day mixed up on the calendar. Sigh..I know..I'm awesome!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I have to add this, because it's just hillarious.....Cody was told to go do his chore of dishes one night.It's taking longer than average and I hear him giggleing to himself in a maniacal manner. I called to him, asking what he was doing that was taking so long and was very funny about his chores....This is what I saw..lol
Photobucket


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: