Saturday, October 22, 2011

Winding up the Summer

My amazing older sister Amy came for a visit in early July and it was so great to get to see her! As a family joint Birthday/Christmas gift for all of us she took the boy's and I (and Allysha whom we had to coerce into going) to Blue Bayou and Dixie Landing which is the coolest water park around! Some of the biggest tunnel slides I have EVER seen! SOOOOOOOO cool! Amy seems to luck out and everytime Aidan is sick when she visits..lol poor baby. Rather poor baby and poor Aunt Amy! She was so sweet, and sat and kept Aidan for me for hours while Allysha and the older boys and I got to go do the giant slides (as Amy hates going on them). It was so much fun!! Thanks Aunt Amy! Thanks Lysha for going with us and Thanks to Molly for meeting up with us! That was so much fun!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here are a few of the other things that happened this summer.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 came out so we had to have a spur of the moment HP themed party for the kiddos!
Photobucket
Aidan learned the "Pound It"
Photobucket
My older boys invented "Swedish Fish Bobbing" (OMG GAG ME SO NASTY!!!!)
Photobucket
Aidan learned to eat with a fork finally! No this isn't that one yet...lol that's next, this one is just so cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket
AIDAN FINALLY LEARNED TO WALK!!!!!!!

Allysha and I had far too much fun when left to our own devices!
Photobucket
Just one of Michael and I cause it's hard as blazes to tie this boy down to get a photo of him
Photobucket
Allysha helped me re-upholster and re-do the table and chairs!
BEFORE
Photobucket
AFTER
Photobucket
Photobucket
Taught Allysha to bake
Photobucket
She even made me a chocolate and raspberry filled cake from SCRATCH for my birthday!!!!
Photobucket
Matty taught Aidan to play UNO (rather Matty tried to play UNO while Aidan looked very seriously at his cards and threw them on the floor)
Photobucket
Spent quiet a few weekends having our "reading party". I seriously have cool kids!
Photobucket
This summer was so UBER busy for us! Thank God it was too! Without that go, go, go.. I would have moped around missing my love and worrying about him more than I normally do, what with summer being the most dangerous time of year over there. So Thank you dear friends and family for keeping me sane! My children and husband thank you! lol


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Bon said...

I always love catching up on your blog. You always motivate me to do better! I love all the fun things you do with your boys! You are such a good mom! Miss you