Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sneaky Deployment

It is inevitable that no matter how much time and warning you are given before an upcoming deployment, that you will never be totally emotionally prepared for one. This is Matt's 1st deployment that we are preparing for, not the 1st I've gone through, and yet some how they get harder and easier all at once. Easier because I know what to be prepared for, harder because I know what it feels like to miss your spouse for a year or more, to raise your kids alone and to worry day in and day out as all military spouses do when their other half is gone. I really can not complain. I know that there are so many families who have their Soldier deployed right out of basic training, or right before the birth of their child, or soon after. Aidan will be 8 months old in a little over a week meaning that Matt got to be here for the whole of a very tough pregnancy, hold my hand and coach me through the toughest labor I've ever had, and help raise this little person for 8 months before having to deploy. He's gotten to asst. coach the boy's football team, and go on family outings. It's been a wonderful experience. There are so many families who don't get as much as we have had and I for one am trying to see the silver lining.

Deployment ceremony's are really worth attending! There is such a sense of pride that you have in your Soldier, seeing them march out onto that Field, flags flying, and the band playing. I know how prepared Matt feels that his unit is, and no matter how much he loves his family and hates to leave, there is a draw to deploy, to do his job, to protect and serve and I for one couldn't be prouder of him. I will post some really great pictures of our family that came to visit for the deployment ceremony and to get the early good bye's out of the way, but since this post is already so full of pictures it will have to wait for another day. I love you Matthew................






























































































Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: