Thursday, November 29, 2007

my baby brother


Matthew has finally overcome the baby gate. As of this last week he will scale the gate, sneak his door open, and walk down the hall with stealth to Mikey and Cody's room and get in bed with Cody and play. Last night Cody heard Matthew get up before I did and he called down the hall to me "Don't worry 'bout it Mom,I got this". lol..how cute! So he hopped out of bed (any excuse to get out of bed) and said "come on Matty, back to bed, lets go" and grabbed his hand and walked him back to bed, helped him climb back over the gate, and went in with him, turned off the light, and said "now into bed little man., come on, I'll tuck tuck tuck, now would you like a puppy or a bear to snuggle?, ok here's your bear, now I'll sing you a song so lay down all the way" I then hear him sing

"I see the moon and the moon See's me,

Smiling through the branches of the old oak tree,

please let the moon that shines on me, shine on the ones I love"

"over the mountains and over the sea's that's where my heart it longing to be

please let the moon that shines on me

shine on the ones I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"


It's the song Jon taught the boys to sing before his last deployment and it helps them to feel close to him, we sing it almost every night at bed.


He then climbed back over the gate and as he closed the door said "Now stay in bed young man , we love you, ni-night"

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW my heart melted..lol..that boy can be so sweet!

1 comment:

Rivka said...

I have to admit I'm a little teary. What a cool thing to watch your kids do. I love it.