Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1st day of school and general catch up


Wow! Has it really been over a month since I last posted?? I'm usually so much more narcissistic and chatty than that aren't I! Ha Ha!
A few fun things have happened since early August. 1st and most important, as you can see, is the 1st day of school for my little Matty! AWWWW! KILL ME! Talk about painful for me ! LOL . I know I have already had the fun of sending the other two off to their very 1st day of school before, but neither of them really hurt quite like this. Michael didn't do pre-k, he went straight to kindergarten, Cody did pre-k but was so much of a big tough guy he was like "BYE SUCKA!!!!!" (obviously not verbatim, but this was his approximate attitude so to speak), at his age he was just so independent and more mature than his 4 years old. Matty however, sigh, he is ever so happily, a Momma's boy!! YAY. He has been uber excited to start school and ride his bus. His 1st day of school he was up and going, going, going by 5:30 am and ready to go out the door by 6:10 lol, I had to watch that front door like a hawk because he was trying to sneak off to the bus stop over and over, he literally had to forced to eat breakfast! I was fine walking him to the bus but about the time I saw the bus rounding the corner I was about to loose it, I had irrational visions of grabbing my child and running full tilt boogey for the safety of my house and holding him hostage with nick jr shows and fishey crackers...lol ok I said it was a THOUGHT...lol I did let him get on the bus. Sigh. He was precious, just waving and waving and saying "byyyyyyyyyyyeeeee Mom!!" just oozing enthusiasm. I wish I had the car that morning so I could have driven him and walked him to his class room but I know how independent he wants to be. I was on pins and needles waiting ALL day for that bus to come back and bring me my baby though, phew, relief! He had a blast and was so proud of himself for going all alone! Michael and Cody also had their 1st day of school as well, and at first they loved having uniforms for school, but by now, week 3, not so much..haha. I do really like their teachers so far, they each seem to have a teacher tailored just for them so I really look forward to their growth this year.

Other than the 1st day of school, we have begun the trek to the halfway point between Fort Polk and Houston, every other weekend to meet at the drop off point for weekends with Dad. About and hour and a half to two hours each way. While Matt and I are enjoying our weekends free, it's hard for me to know they are 4 hours away, where I can't just pop over if there's an emergency, but, I have to trust in their Dad's ability to care for them, this takes A LOT of prayer..lol.
On one of the weekends we had with the kids we took them to a grassy area not to far behind our housing to play football and have a mini picnic of sorts. Matt played football with the boys and chased the dog around, we lay in the sun got attacked by bugs but hey, we just had a blast. Our boxer Cupcake makes my day so fun, this dog cracks me up! she has a grill like a bull dog and sits with her bottom teeth jutting forward all the time, she often sticks the tip of her tongue out and leaves it there as well..lol she looks a tad special ed but we just love her!
"Call the jewlry store tell em make me a grill"
Other than all that, we have been to or thrown bbq's most weekends with work buddies and that's been fun. What was fun for Matt was his CLS class (Combat life Saver). They have to administer IV's to one another, now that should be the new Army recruiting slogan...ARMY.....be a guinea pig! HAHA. Matt stuck his partner rather quickly, his partner got him quickly......after letting him bleed a bit..hahaha just watch the video, you can hear Matt in the back ground saying "you're making a mess George" lol.


As for me, I spend my day's cleaning house, running errands, napping (yay perk of pregnancy), annoying my friends on facebook, and being the Treasurer of our FRG (family readiness group). It's so nice getting to know some of the other wives, getting involved and helping plan fund raisers and so on. It's really very fun when it comes down to it. YAY. More of that to come soon. On the baby front there should be some more news tomorrow...YAY...we know what we are having!!!.................... CLIFF HANGER!!!!!! mmmwwwhahahahahahhahaha....ok ok all you facebooker's are cheaters..lol.

1 comment:

Bon said...

The boys looks so handsome! Love the do's and sweet fashion. Totally my style!