Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Best Two Weeks Ever!

It's finally time for me to blog about R&R (Rest and Relaxation, the two weeks a Soldier gets to have a little reset period), ohhhhh R&R how we all needed it and how amazing it was! We literally milked it for every possible second! Can I just say, the weeks preceding R&R are tortuously long! Ohhhh man it was fantastic though!
We have been so lucky since getting married to get to see Matt's wonderful family 6 times between them coming to visit us or us going to see them. It was time to venture North and see some of my family and show my darling husband some of my favorite places! Since we found out that our next duty station is to be Germany (Hallelujah!) that would mean that between deployment and moving we likely wouldn't get to see my side of the family for another 3+ years and I was afraid they might mutiny. Ha Ha! A family trip to Idaho Falls/Yellowstone/Jackson Hole was planned! Man can I say exciting! We logged over 4000 miles on the van, had 1 teething baby, 2 cases of food poisoning and 5 cases of severe road trip over load and 6 cases of happy hearts! By the end of this trip we were about ready to give up and let Aidan drive home. If I ever see the inside of that van again it will be too soon! I drove the entire way there and back by myself because I was NOT going to waste 4 days of our R&R just to drive to our destination, and while he was home I wanted that man rested, not driving a car back and forth through windy mountian roads!
These are a few pictures of what a road trip looks like. The good, the bad, and the ugly!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And this is the face of a woman who just drove two days with four children, one of whom got food poisoning with me. Amazing!
Photobucket
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: